If you are a Vizio Smart TV user, then this article is just for you. Here we are going to discuss how to add apps to Vizio Smart TV through several easy steps. Any online movie sharing platforms or video sharing platforms are easily available on smart TVs. Some of them have in-built apps which you can avail of. And a few of the Smart TVs give you the privilege to install your favorite apps directly from app stores. In the case of Vizio, the facility depends on which model you are using.
How to Add Apps to VIZIO Smart TV?
First of all, you need to know, which platform your VIZIO Smart TV is running on. According to the version features and facilities will be different. Take the help of your user guide to know what model your TV is. Continue reading to check out the provisions according to your model.
- VIA: Vizio Internet App TV was featured from 2009 to 2013. It can install apps from app stores.
- VIA Plus: Vizio Internet App Plus TV came in between 2013 and 2017. It can also download any application with the help of an internet connection.
- Vizio HD Smartcast Tv: In 2016 the company has slightly changed its app access structure. The installing facility is no more available. But It comes with a bunch of on-demand apps.
- Vizio 4K UHD Smartcast TV: The functions are the same as the last one. It can’t install apps.
- Since 2018, every Vizio TV comes with inherent applications.
Now let’s see how to download apps on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Add Apps on VIA Plus?
To install anything on your smart TV, first, you need it to connect to the home network or Wi-fi network.
- Take your Vizio TV remote. There will be a Menu button. Press it.
- Select the ‘Network’ option over there.
- The available networks will be shown on the Wi-fi Access Point panel. Select the preferable network from there.
- Type password if the network is a secured one.
- Tap on the ‘Connect’ and it will be connected with the Internet.
Once the TV is connected with the internet, now follow the below method to download Android-like apps from the app store
- Take your Vizio Smart TV remote. There will be a button with a ‘V’ sign on it. Double-tap on it.
- A full-screen Menu will be shown with several tabs like ‘My Apps’, ‘Featured’, ‘Latest’, ‘All Apps’, ‘Categories’.
- Under the ‘My Apps’ tab, you will get to see the apps that are already installed.
- You have to go to the other tabs in search of new apps to install. Any app you need will be there.
- Now after selecting a certain app you need to press and hold the ‘Ok’ button of the remote.
- Your desired app will be shown under the ‘My Apps’ tab. Now you can use it.
How to Download Apps on VIA?
Just like the VIA Plus model, the VIA model can also download and customize apps from the app store. The method is a little different. First, you need to connect the TV with preferable Network
- Take your VIA Smart TV Remote and press ‘Menu’.
- Select the ‘Network’ option.
- From the available networks, select yours.
- Type the password if it is a secured one.
- Last, click on the ‘Connect’ option, and the Internet connection will be available.
Once you are connected, you can follow the below instructions to download apps.
- Press the ‘V’ button of your VIA Smart TV.
- A row of options will come. Choose the ‘Connected TV Store’ option.
- Now choose ‘All Apps’.
- Any app you need should be here. Find out and select your desired app.
- Now press and hold the ‘Ok’ button of the remote control.
- An option will appear called ‘Install App’. Select it and your app will be installed. Now you can access it.
What Apps are Available on Vizio Smart TV?
Watch your favorite TV shows, movies, music and more from Vizio Smart TV popular apps including Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and more.
VIZIO Internet Apps
|Google Play Movies & TV||Pluto Pandora||Crackle|
|YAHOO News||YAHOO||YAHOO Sports|
|YAHOO Finance||YAHOO Screen||YAHOO Weather|
What About the Smartcast Models?
How to add apps to Vizio Smartcast TV? The smartcast models featured since 2016, don’t have the facility to of installing apps. But it has a lot of significant built-in apps like Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Watch Free, etc. Also, you can cast apps directly from your Android phone or iPhone or tablet just like any Chromecast device. The Core apps can be customized or accessed directly from the display. You can also filter apps or form a group of your favorite ones. To customize you have to
- Take your remote and go to the ‘Customize Row’ icon.
- Select any apps and with the help of the cursor, move it left or right as you wish.
Many users have the question, ‘’can I add apps to my Vizio Smart TV?’’ or ‘’How to update Vizio TV’’. So, you can see now that it is very easy to add apps on your Vizio TV. All you need to do is to determine the model you are using and follow according to it. If you are going through any difficulty regarding the Wi-fi compatibility or settings or download accessibility, you are free to reach out to the servicing center or the manufacturer at any time.
- Acresso Software Manager
- How Do I Fix Wifi Authentication Error Occurred?
- iTunes Dark Mode on Windows 10
- Top 5 MP3 Rocket Alternative